Our Daily Manna 21th July 2020 Daily Devotional – judgment On The Nations By Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
Table of Contents
TODAY’S TOPIC: Judgment On The Nations
TEXT: Jeremiah 25:30-38
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicles 9-12
30. Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.
31. A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.
32. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
33. And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.
34. Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock; for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.
35. And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.
36. A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard; for the LORD hath spoiled their pasture.
37. And the peaceable habitations are cut down because of the fierce anger of the LORD.
38. He hath forsaken his covert, as the lion; for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.
KEY VERSE: “A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.” – (Jeremiah 25:31)
MESSAGE: Our Daily Manna 21th July 2020 Devotional
God’s justice demands that the righteous be protected, preserved and prosperous while rebellious sinners are reserved for judgment and punishment. Right from the antediluvian age to date, God has always purged the earth of sin and wickedness. The confusion of the language of the builders of the Tower of Babel and the deluge in the days of Noah are all examples of divine judgment on rebellious people.
Our text today reveals that the cup of the wine of the fury of the Lord was to be poured out on many nations on earth starting from Jerusalem. Justice demands that judgment starts from the house of God. The righteous God will judge all people starting from His own children. What does this portend for us as believers in Christ?
The answer is simple and searchingly deep at the same time. It behoves us as believers to be circumspect with how we comport ourselves in our daily walk of faith and fellowship with God, men and society at large. Unlike the men of Judah and Jerusalem who were not careful in their daily walk with God and with the heathen nations around, we must be careful and awake lest the Master comes and finds us slumbering.
The unbelievers around us must also be warned of God’s impending judgment so that they can amend their ways, repent and escape His wrath. When God’s judgment comes, there shall be no escape for the wicked and the sinful. Enter into His closet, therefore, and be delivered from the tribulations that will befall erring sinners.
Thought For The Day: Beware, divine judgment on all men is certain!
A THOUGHT OF REASONING:
Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You, Lord, for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
Congrats, please if you have just say this prayer visit the church official webpage with your testimonies and prayer request on firstname.lastname@example.org, +234(8157991934, 8157991936, 8157991937)
If you like this drop a comment below and subscribe to our email list or via our social platforms for the more and latest update on this post you are all welcome infohilltop.